Previously we had notified clients that as a result of Brexit, it was like that Green Card documents would be mandatory when using your vehicle in the EU or beyond after January 1st 2021.
Since the UK are part of the Green Card Free Circulation Area (GCFCA), we are pleased to confirm that you will NOT be required to carry a Green Card when driving in the EU (including Ireland), or any of the other countries that are members of the GCFCA, which includes:
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
Please remain aware however that you will still require valid vehicle insurance, and some GCFCA countries may require proof of registration for trailers and caravans.
For countries that do require a Green Card please remain conscious that we will require reasonable time to process a Green Card request ahead of the departure date. Processing a Green Card request can take up to one month.
Although 48 countries in Europe, Asia and North Africa are members of the GCFCA, there remain some countries that require a Green Card including:
In order to process a Green Card request, we would require some relevant information.
• The dates that you will leave and return to the UK.
• A record of all the countries that you will be travelling to/through.
• The make, model and registration number of the vehicle(s) being used.
• The make and serial number of any trailer(s) being taken.
• The information of the driver(s) of the vehicle(s) being used.
For more information, please refer to our dedicated page, here.