Connect encourage all customers where this applies to contact their finance provider and discuss their options. Your finance provider will have been disclosed to you when taking out your insurance policy. They will have also contacted you with information relevant to your payment plan.
Connect would take this opportunity to remind customers that cancelling an insurance policy will forfeit any no claims bonus earned during this period, you will still be charged for time on risk and a cancellation fee as per your policy documentation, and also you will need to pay a new deposit when setting up your next insurance policy. If possible we would encourage customers to keep their insurance active during this period of uncertainty.
Throughtout the pandemic, our claims line remains open 24/7.
Please be aware that the UK insurance market does not include blanket business interruption cover for pandemics. Pandemics are not considered to be insurable due to the widespread economic impact across whole societies which would be beyond the financial capacity of the general insurance market. Business Interruption is intended to cover damage caused by fire, floods, theft and similar, whereas Specified Diseases is unable to provide cover for Covid-19 as this was not a known diseases when the policy was arranged.
You can get in touch on: 01782 665544
Connect Insurance are a completely independent broker who pride ourselves on customer care and loyalty. Since becoming established almost 3 decades ago, we have built strong, personal relationships with a vast range of UK based Insurance Underwriters that allow us to offer our clients not only peace of mind, but also more competitive premiums.
All of our skilled technicians have many years of combined experience in the UK insurance industry which ensures that our clients get not only the service they expect, but also the service they deserve. We can provide cover for a large range of insurance products to ensure our clients demands and needs are met, and their expectations exceeded.
We are committed to providing our customers with insurance products to protect the things they value most
Choose sensible. Choose us.
WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT OUR COMPANY? CURIOUS WHAT ELSE WE DO?
Read Our Blogs
- Pandemic Weekly Update #6
- Pandemic Weekly Update #5
- Why Your Premium May Increase In 2020
- Pandemic Weekly Update #4
- Pandemic Weekly Update #3
- Pandemic Weekly Update #2
- Pandemic Weekly Update
- Information About Our Office | Update
- Important Information About Our Office
- Christmas Time!
- Don’t be Scared on the Roads this Halloween
- Mid-2019 Company Update
- Hey, you’re a superstar!
- May Day 2019
- Easter Opening Hours 2019
What our clients say
Most frequent questions and answers
Connect Insurance offer a wide range of policies including Fleet, Taxi, Motor Trade, Home & Contents, Shops, and Food/Drink establishments; in total we can provide over 75 different insurance products. For an overview of the typical products we offer please check our Product Select page, or for further information give us a call on 01782 280280.
There are three standard levels of cover offered for insurance products. These are ‘Third Party Only‘, ‘Third Party, Fire and Theft‘, and ‘Comprehensive‘. Many insurance customers do not understand the difference of these levels of cover and automatically assume ‘Comprehensive’ is the only cover worth having.
- Third Party Only will provide cover for any damages/injuries sustained by a Third Party in the event of a claim. There is no cover provided for your own vehicle, however if your vehicle is low value, it may be worth considering whether paying extra to cover it is worthwhile.
- Third Party, Fire and Theft will cover the above, and also any damage to your own vehicle if the damage is caused by a fire due to a mechanical fault, attempted theft, or theft. It is important to stress that a Third Party, Fire and Theft policy will not cover fire damage caused by arson as this is classified as Malicious Damage which is included below.
- Comprehensive will cover all of the above, in addition to any damage caused to your own vehicle in an accident, along with Accidental Damage and Malicious Damage claims.
Yes, Connect Insurance can typically still arrange a policy for you if you have convictions. The severity of the convictions will affect the competitiveness of the quote we can offer, and in all likelihood the price will be higher due to fewer insurer partners we use being willing to offer terms.