The Stoke CII held it’s Annual Dinner on Friday October 14th at The Best Western Moat House Hotel in Festival Park. The Annual Dinner is a formal black tie event for members of the Chartered Insurance Institute of Stoke-on-Trent, featuring representatives from a wealth of local insurance companies and sponsorship from Autonet Insurance Group, QBE, Onesure, Allianz, Kindertons Accident Management, Towergate Insurance, Tinsdills Solicitors, The County Group, JSW Insurance, Connect Insurance and Rawlins Commercial Insurance Brokers.
The Annual Dinner consisted of a formal sit down dinner in the Moat House Ball Room, presentations from fantastic industry speakers, established UK comedian Jed Stone, a disco and late night snacks and drinks. During the night there was also a Charity Draw with around £1,000 in prizes claimed, and the presentation of the Young Achiever Award to 25 year old Commercial Underwriter Lauren Barry by Mark Thomason of QBE Insurance. Guests also had the opportunity to network and discuss the successes and direction of the insurance market.
Connect Insurance’s own founding Director, Mrs Vivienne Gilroy, continues to head the Stoke CII for her second term following her appointment as deputy in 2014, and her subsequent appointment as President a year later.
The event was attended by a host of prominent industry figures including:
- Peter Staddon, ACII, ACMI – Chartered Insurance Practitioner Managing Director, Managing General Agents Association
- Stuart Williams, ACII – Chartered Insurance Act, Treasurer of the Insurance Institute of Nottingham
- Hannah Molloy – Fundraising Manager, Corporate, Community and Events, Donna Louise Children’s Hospice
- Kevin Morris, Cert CII – President of the Insurance Institute of Coventry
- Grant Scott, ACII – Chartered Insurance Institute Vice President
- Juliet Williams, ACII – Chartered Insurance Broker Deputy President of the Insurance Institute of Nottingham
- Chris Robson, Dip CII – President of the Insurance Institute of Shropshire and Mid Wales
The Chartered Insurance Institute of Stoke-on-Trent was founded on February 15th 1909, and has stood as a cornerstone of the industry’s local progression ever since. The CII is a professional organisation for the insurance and financial services industries, promoting the highest standards of integrity, technical competence and business capability. Membership of such a presitigious organisation stands as testament to the embracing of the highest standards of ethics and professionalism.